Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Sound of Silence

"There is more silence in one person than can be used in a single human life"-Max Picard.  I have been wrestling for some time about the countless words I have said and written.  I have felt a growing need to 'shut up'.  We are bombarded with "noise, noise, noise" (apologies to Dr. Seuss).  I have decided to take a sabbatical from contributing to the noise.  I need to use some of that silence I have kept stored up in me all these years.  I want to thank all of you who have been my caring critics and the compliments you have offered to my writing and speaking.  It is time for me to listen and to walk in the stillness of life.

1 comment:

  1. I will miss the blogs Norm. While I certainly do not believe as strongly as you, your writings certainly do make me pause and think. I hope the sabbatical is not too long.

    Love you all.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete